Are these 5 tech trends in programming going to help or hurt the Indian IT Services industry ?
- Key aspects of software development, e.g. manage, develop, build, test and deploy are undergoing massive transformation and making development cheaper, faster, and more secure.
- Cloud based integrated development environment companies are providing developers with an advantage of writing code in an easier, faster and simpler fashion.
- Amount of new code written is reduced by more design driven development, auto code completion, code repositories, code plug ins, widgets, and continuous agile development.
- Automated test tools and services in the cloud are making it ever easier to test code before deployment.
- Cloud security and identity services have made it easier for enterprise applications to work on public, private or hybrid cloud environments.
- A new class of Reactive Applications is becoming more and more prevalent in both Consumer and Enterprise-facing environments. Reactive Applications are distinguished by having one or more of the following defining traits:
- Resilient: The ability to recover and repair itself automatically in order to provide seamless business continuity.
- Interactive: Rich, engaging, single page user interfaces that provide instant feedback based on user interactions and other stimuli.
- Scalable: Can scale within and across nodes elastically to provide compute power on-demand when it’s needed.
- Event-Driven: Enables parallel, asynchronous processing of messages or events with ease.
- Integration of applications to external data sources and other applications is becoming ever easier because of open APIs.
- Rapid increase in mobile development has impacted the prevalent programming languages. User base of objective C and Python have grown whereas that for Java and C++ has eroded.
- Consumerization of programming with services such as IFTT is reducing the need for specialized skill set. Pre-developed toolkits will enable anyone to be a developer.